Upon graduating from the University of South Dakota School of Law, Frank moved to Potsdam, New York to start his professional career at the law firm of Ingram & Ingram where he eventually became a partner. Frank became a founding member of the law firm of Cappello & Linden in 1991 to continue his legal career. In October 2020, Frank started the law firm of Cappello & Cappello, P.C. with his son, Patrick J. Cappello, to continue the practice of law. He has been practicing law in Potsdam for over 47 years.
- New York, 1973
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York, 1973
- Siena College, B.S., 1968
- University of South Dakota School of Law, J.D., 1972
- St. Lawrence County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association